Oceano County Airport L52
Oceano County Airport (FAA LID: L52) is a public airport located one mile (1.6 km) west of the central business district (CBD) of Oceano, in San Luis Obispo County, California, USA. The airport covers 58 acres (230,000 m2), has one runway and no control tower. It is mostly used for general aviation, and is walking distance to the sand dunes that line the beach at Oceano.
This is my first US small GA airport and I was inspired to create this after using the default XP11 airport on PilotEdge (L52 is featured as the tutorial flight on PilotEdge and is a great base for exploring the area). It’s also a short flight to KSBP which is a hive of activity and has a good freeware version available on X-Plane.org.
This version of L52 is a faithful reproduction of the airport based on hundreds of on-site photographs provided by the Friends of Oceano airport group. This scenery includes:
- High resolution hand-painted ground textures for the entire airport
- 1.2m/px USGS orthophotos for the surrounding area
- Detailed accurate buildings, signage, objects and static aircraft for the airport and immediate surroundings
- Oceano memorial camping site
- Custom autogen for surrounding buildings
- Vegetation and custom trees
- X-Plane 11 (Will also work in XP 10.50, but the mesh is very slightly off)
- A graphics card with at least 2GB of VRAM, recommended 4GB+
I highly recommend using orthos for this entire region as it greatly enhances the scenery.
This scenery does not require any libraries and should work as is.
Place this folder into your X-Plane/Custom Scenery folder. Make sure the airport is placed above all other scenery in your scenery_packs.ini file (It should automatically be placed at the top)
This airport was created by World2XP and is provided as freeware. No part of this scenery can be used in other projects without first asking for permission. Do not redistribute this scenery or any parts of it without explicit permission from World2XP
The scenery is available for free from L52 Oceano County Airport
If you enjoy this scenery then please rate, leave a comment or Buy me a beer